St Hippolyt Glyx-Wiese Heucobs (hay cobs) 25 kg
All ‘Glyx’ products are low GI (Glycemic Index) & suitable for horses with EMS (insulin resistance), PPID (Cushings) & those prone to laminitis
Ideal climatic conditions, rich grasslands with diverse grasses (a variety of grasses and herbs from the Lake Constance region in the Alpine foothills) and gentle harvesting in combination with soft production methods form the basis of the Palatin Glyx-Wiese Heucobs hay cobs
- rich in raw fibres, herbs and grasses
- dried fresh grasses
- with natural essential oils
- dried straight after harvesting, without compression additives
- low dirt and dust
- high standard of hygiene
- small cobs for quicker soaking
- To replace basic feeds: daily 1.2 – 1.5 kg per 100 kg bodyweight
- To upgrade the basic feed ration: adapt the quantity to the usual amount of roughage. (1 kg Heucobs = 1 kg hay). Start with a small amount and increase slowly (as with any new food).
- Soak 1 kg in 1.5 – 3 litres of water. Soak the hay cobs in water to satisfy the roughage requirements of horses suffering from dentition or chewing problems. This is especially recommended for seniors to counteract loss in weight. Do NOT feed dry to horses with poor teeth as they are unable to chew properly & could have a choke episode.
Palatin Glyx-Wiese Hecuobs hay cobs have been designed as an appropriate alternative to roughage or to upgrade the daily hay or silage ration or to substitute for the concentrated feed for horses on a low or grain-free diet. The positive effects on digestion and condition will soon become visible if large horses are fed 2 kg per day